Simon is a Partner in the Commercial Disputes team. He acts on the full range of commercial disputes, including contract disputes, shareholder/director disputes, partnership disputes, judicial reviews, indemnity and warranty claims, fraud, investigations, negligence claims, injunction applications, enforcement, insolvency, asset recovery, intellectual property infringement and defamation. Simon has litigated in the Court of Appeal, the High Court, County Courts and the Upper Tribunal, and he resolves disputes (both in and out of court) across various business sectors including:
- Real estate
- Food and drink
- Retail and fashion
- Media and publishing
- Hospitality and leisure
- Financial services and cryptocurrency
Simon was recognised as a ‘key lawyer’ in the Legal 500 (2020), in which he was also described as a “keen brain; on top of the detail”.
- Acting for two offshore online businesses in a High Court judicial review regarding the freedom to provide services under Article 56 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. R (EU Lotto Ltd) v Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport  1 CMLR 41
- Acting for a food manufacturer on an urgent High Court interim injunction application regarding a breach of an exclusivity agreement.
- Defending a national property developer in a High Court unfair prejudice petition regarding an alleged unfair exclusion of a director/shareholder from the management of the business.
- Acting for a food manufacturer on disputes with a licensor and an Italian distributor regarding an alleged breach of an intellectual property licence.
- Defending a home-tuition company subject to an investigation by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Defending an ex-director in a High Court claim regarding an alleged tax-avoidance scheme.
- Defending a tech company in a High Court claim regarding obligations in a sale agreement to transfer data upon the sale of a business. Contact (Originators Limited) v The InTouch Group Limited
- Acting for a barristers’ chambers in a dispute with an IT company regarding a change of cloud computing provider and Covid-19-related service issues.
- Acting for a South American e-commerce business in a dispute with a software developer regarding failures in the creation of a web application.
- Acting for individuals in disputes with gambling operators regarding breaches of terms and conditions and tortious claims.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
July 2021 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 to July 2021: Associate, then Senior Associate, Joelson
2014 to 2017: Associate, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
2012 to 2014 : Trainee Solicitor, CMS