About: Social Housing
Social Housing forms a fundamental part of the fabric of our society. With decades of experience across a range of disciplines, our specialist legal team has the knowledge and understanding to comprehensively support clients on all of the issues they face in this highly regulated and ever-evolving sector.
Our dedicated legal team is one of the largest in the UK, working with some of the country’s most well-known providers of social housing through to small, independent housing associations. We are renowned for our extensive market knowledge, wide-ranging experience and focus on the bigger picture.
Our team is well connected with stakeholders from across the sector, meaning we can provide our clients with innovative and strategic solutions which take account of the latest sector trends and developments. This unique whole market approach is informed by our wide client base which includes local authorities, leading house builders, developers and management companies, as well as charities and public bodies. Several members of our team also serve on housing association boards, which gives us an authentic insight into current issues within the sector.
Our range of expertise covers:
- social housing finance
- acquisition, development and disposal of land and property
- commercial property and asset management
- funding agreements and structures
- treasury and charging
- corporate acquisitions
- housing and leasehold management
- residential sales
- care and supported housing
- governance and constitutional issues
- organisational structure
- statutory and regulatory compliance, including procurement
- strategic partnerships and outsourcing