Sarah joined the construction department upon qualification in September 2022, and works in both contentious and non-contentious construction law, including dealing with building and fire safety issues, and acting for a range of clients including developers, registered providers and contractors.
In contentious matters, Sarah has particular experience dealing with adjudications, including payment disputes and true valuations, alongside adjudication enforcement, acting for a variety of contractors, sub-contractors and employers.
Recent dispute resolution experience
- Advising registered providers’ Building Safety Teams in respect of claims relating to completed developments, including both pursuing claims in the Technology and Construction Court and advising on and pursuing remedies in the First Tier Tribunal under the Building Safety Act.
- Advising various clients in payment disputes, for example acting for a subcontractor within the rail and infrastructure industry in relation to successful adjudication on disputed final account, and subsequent settlement of adjudication enforcement proceedings.
- Acting for various registered providers in defence of defects based claims brought by residents.
- Advising employer clients on the validity of delay claims/applications for extensions of time by contractors.
- Advising private individuals in connection with defects based claims against construction parties, both in respect of residential and commercial projects.
Recent project experience
- Assisting various registered providers in negotiating and drafting remedial works agreements to address fire safety and building safety deficiencies on completed developments, and settlement of associated claims.
- Advising commercial investors on construction documentation for refurbishment of existing office space.
- Working with our real estate team to advise clients on the construction aspects of leasehold acquisitions, for example Sainsbury’s lease of its new London office.
- Reporting to developer clients on structural warranty policies and advising on notification procedure.
2022 to Present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2020 to 2022: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood