Harry is a Solicitor in the Education Department specialising in employment law. With experience in both contentious and non-contentious work, Harry advises clients on a wide range of employment and HR matters including discrimination, dismissals, TUPE, contracts, policies and procedures, settlement agreements and redundancy.
Harry trained at Winckworth Sherwood and joined the Education department upon qualification in September 2021. Before this, Harry gained experience in the Institutional Property, Property Litigation and Employment departments.
Prior to his training contract, Harry achieved a First Class Degree in Law and a Distinction in the LPC. He worked as a Senior Researcher at Chambers & Partners for two years and has also undertaken several legal work experience placements at high-street, city and international law firms.
- Advising Schools on handling dismissals, with particular regard to the risks of an Employment Tribunal Claim.
- Advising Schools on their obligations to disabled employees with regards to reasonable adjustments.
- Reviewing and amending recruitment policies and documentation to ensure compliance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Advising on the application and effect of the national agreement and statutory guidance, such as the STPCD, Burgundy Book, Green Book and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Advising on the application of the TUPE regulations and assisting clients throughout the TUPE process.
- Drafting a variety of documents including contracts and contractual variations, policies, TUPE measures letters, COT3s and settlement agreements.
- Defending Employment Tribunal litigation relating to discrimination, harassment, unlawful deductions from wages and unfair dismissal.
Law College: University of Law, Moorgate
University: London School of Economics and Political Science
Harry is a keen sports fan with a particular love of football, basketball and darts. In his spare time he enjoys country walks with his dogs.
2021 to present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2019 to 2021: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 to 2018: Senior Researcher, Chambers and Partners
2016 to 2017: Researcher and Writer, Chambers and Partners