Anna is Partner in our Education team. She has acted on numerous academy and free school projects, providing advice to schools in relation to governance/corporate structures, funding agreements and commercial transfer agreements. Anna has advised all categories of schools (including community, foundation, foundation trust, voluntary aided, federated) on both single and multi academy structures, for sponsored, converter and brand new schools. Anna has also acted on complex private finance initiative (PFI) and building schools for the future (BSF) conversions.
Anna acted for schools on large scale procurement projects under the BSF programme. She is now acting for a number of schools procuring stand alone expansion and construction projects, as well as assisting schools entering the Priority Schools Building Programme (PSBP).
Anna also advises schools on variations to existing contractual arrangements, including PFI and ICT variations.
- Academies and Free Schools, advising both schools and sponsor/promoters on setting up Academies and Free Schools
- School expansion projects, advising schools on the process, development agreements and obtaining consents from the Department for Education / Education Funding Agency
- PFI, providing on-going assistance to schools including variations to existing arrangements
- ICT, providing assistance to schools including variations to existing arrangements and entering into new ICT arrangements
- BSF, acting for schools on procurement, development and ICT agreements
2018 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2010 to 2018: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2010: Solicitor, TPP Law
2007 to 2008: Trainee Solicitor, Shadbolt & Co LLP
2005 to 2007: Paralegal, Lovells
Thursday 26 November 2020 | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Gender Reassignment and schools
Allegations of discrimination towards pupils in schools are becoming more frequent, and are often the basis for parental complaints, negative[…..]
Speakers: Tracey Eldridge-Hinmers
Thursday 3 December 2020 | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Disability discrimination and the additional challenges of Covid-19 from an HR perspective
There is no denying that Covid19 and the myriad of ever-changing government guidance has placed significant pressure on schools and[…..]