Anna is Partner in our Education team. She has acted on numerous academy and free school projects, providing advice to schools in relation to governance/corporate structures, funding agreements and commercial transfer agreements. Anna has advised all categories of schools (including community, foundation, foundation trust, voluntary aided, federated) on both single and multi academy structures, for sponsored, converter and brand new schools. Anna has also acted on complex private finance initiative (PFI) and building schools for the future (BSF) conversions.
Anna acted for schools on large scale procurement projects under the BSF programme. She is now acting for a number of schools procuring stand alone expansion and construction projects, as well as assisting schools entering the Priority Schools Building Programme (PSBP).
Anna also advises schools on variations to existing contractual arrangements, including PFI and ICT variations.
- Academies and Free Schools, advising both schools and sponsor/promoters on setting up Academies and Free Schools
- School expansion projects, advising schools on the process, development agreements and obtaining consents from the Department for Education / Education Funding Agency
- PFI, providing on-going assistance to schools including variations to existing arrangements
- ICT, providing assistance to schools including variations to existing arrangements and entering into new ICT arrangements
- BSF, acting for schools on procurement, development and ICT agreements
2018 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2010 to 2018: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2010: Solicitor, TPP Law
2007 to 2008: Trainee Solicitor, Shadbolt & Co LLP
2005 to 2007: Paralegal, Lovells
Tuesday 16th June 2020 (this may be subject to change depending on government advice regarding COVID-19) | Registration & refreshments: 09.30am | Start: 10.00am | Finish: 14.00pm
Conducting a Workplace Investigation – Practical Advice for Schools
We are delighted to announce that we will be hosting a conference at our London office on Tuesday 16th June to explore issues around conducting a workplace investigation in an education setting. Our key note speaker will be Sarah Jacobs, …
Winckworth Sherwood, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close. London SE1 9BB