Andrew specialises in commercial property development with a focus on regeneration, mixed-use schemes, food store development, residential/student development and local authority schemes.
- Previously Cricklewood Regeneration Limited (the special purpose vehicle of Hammerson): Advised Hammerson/Brookfield in connection with the proposed extensive £4.5 billion regeneration of Brent Cross Shopping Centre and Cricklewood, including the development of 8,000 residential units (affordable and open market), the relocation and rebuilding of three schools, 500,000 square feet of retail use, the provision of a new railway station and bridges over railways and extensive highway and infrastructure works to the North Circular, A41 junction and M1 junctions (Staples Corner). This also envisaged the phased delivery and decanting of numerous council tenants
- BYD: Advised Bouygues in connection with their regeneration with London Borough of Brent for the development of a mixed-use scheme at Queens Park/Kilburn.
- Advised LB of Hounslow in connection with the regeneration of Hounslow Town Centre comprising a mixed-use (predominantly residential) scheme, with Wilson Bowden/Barratts
- Advising a number of landowner and developer clients in connection with promotion agreements, option agreements, conditional sale agreements in respect of significant residential and commercial schemes in London and the South East, together with numerous complex overage documents/arrangements.
- Advised Bouyges in connection with their proposed development of new civic offices for LB Hounslow and Linkcity development of circa 1,000 homes in conjunction with Notting Hill H.A.
- Advised Blueland on their pre-sale /funding with Medicx of GP Surgery and underleases to GPs and Social Prescribing Charity in respect of GP Surgery scheme in Kew. Andrew also advised Blueland in connection with their JV with Blackrock in respect of provision of GP Surgeries in Greater London.
- Advised Horiba Mira in connection with funding and development (and ongoing pre-letting) of MIRA Technology Park in Hinckley, comprising 1.5m sq ft.
- Advising Sainsbury’s in connection with the regeneration of one of their existing London stores for a mixed-use development comprising retail/residential.
- Advising Yellow Brick Capital in relation to their UK developments/funding.
2014 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2003 to 2014: Global Co-Head of Real Estate, Dentons
2001 to 2002: Partner, Osborne Clarke
1994 to 2001: Partner, McGuinness Finch
1989 to 1994: Assistant Lawyer, SNR Denton (formerly Denton Wilde Sapte)
1988 to 1989: Assistant Lawyer, Oppenheimer
Andrew Bedford is “very pragmatic and commecial.”
Legal 500, 2017
“One of the things we absolutely love about him is his negotiating style…he’s got the perfect mix of commercial pragmatism and a bit of charm, and even in the midst of a deal he keeps calm. If a point is important to us we always seem to win it.”
Chambers and Partners UK
“A very experienced lawyer who is capable of managing complex transactions”
“Great business acumen and commercial awareness, he is a real pleasure to have on our side”
Tuesday 2nd - 5th June 2020
We are delighted to be attending MIPIM 2020, the leading real estate event for property professionals. Our team will be in Cannes and will be delighted to meet up with you. Meet the team If you are attending MIPIM and …
Palais des Festivals,. Cannes, France
Thursday 14th May 2020 | Registration & refreshments: 8.00am | Start: 8.30am | Finish: 10.00am
Optimising heat networks – increasing efficiency and reducing carbon
In this joint seminar with Switch2 Energy the speakers will cover: Demonstrating how to take a more intelligent, informed and compliant approach to heat network design, development, implementation and operation. Understanding how to monitor and manage the effectiveness of communal/district …
Winckworth Sherwood, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close. London SE1 9BB