About: Advising individual LLP members / Partners
We have extensive experience advising individual partners/LLP members. We are recognised as leading practitioners in the UK in this area and ranked in the legal directories, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
We regularly advise partners and LLP members from law firms, accountancy practices, patent attorneys, surveyors and architects.
A further core focus of our practice is advising partners and LLP members from the financial services sector including private equity and hedge funds, institutional funds and real estate funds, trading platforms and brokers. Our financial services clients benefit from our unique ability to provide a comprehensive service, which includes specialist regulatory advice and corporate advice on carried interest and related remuneration structures.
Our approach to acting for Partners and LLP members
We have experience and expertise in acting for both individual partners/LLP members and firms and partnerships which gives us an unparalleled advantage when determining strategy and negotiating terms in order to achieve the best outcome for you.
We provide commercial and practical advice focussing on the best tactical approach for you, taking account of your key objectives and based on our longstanding experience and expertise. We understand the key importance of safeguarding long-term career objectives and maintaining confidentiality and your professional reputation.
Our areas of expertise acting for Partners
We advise on the following areas:
- joining a partnership/LLP
- restrictive covenants, confidential information and team moves
- conduct issues and internal investigations (including bullying and sexual harassment)
- discrimination complaints, including maternity discrimination
- whistleblowing disputes
- performance management, profit sharing and de-equitisation
- partner exits and expulsion
- mediation and arbitration proceedings
- regulatory advice, including FCA compliance