Paul is a partner in the Property Disputes Resolution Department and he advises in disputes and potential disputes involving all types of property.
Paul has in excess of 22 years’ experience dealing with commercial landlord & tenant disputes including dilapidations claims, service charge disputes, recovering possession breaches of leasehold covenants, rent reviews and lease renewals. Paul has extensive experience dealing with disputes relating to residential property including service charges disputes, breaches of leasehold covenants and licences for alteration.
Paul’s expertise also covers right to light and party wall disputes. He has advised in respect of boundary disputes, restrictive covenants and easements, access to carry out repairs or development, rights of way and dealing with trespassers.
Paul has for many years provided advice to trustees and directors in respect for properties held in trust structures and corporate structures. He has lectured regularly in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to trust professionals.
Paul’s clients include investors, commercial occupiers, property companies, developers, landlords of residential blocks, industrial occupiers, trust companies and property funds.
- Acting for the tenant of a central London night club resisting a claim for possession by a landlord on the grounds of redevelopment
- Acting for the owners of a large City of London building currently being demolished for redevelopment. Deflecting potential nuisance claims. Liaising with the various contractors and retained professional. Advising in respect of potential claims and helping to amend the scheme of development accordingly. Dealing with the local authority
- Acting for the landlord of a residential building in respect of a dispute relating to an application for licence for alterations
- Recovering possession of property on behalf of the directors of a Jersey based structure
- Dealing with the clearance of a number of commercial occupiers so as to enable a development site to be sold with vacant possession
- Acting for a member of an overseas royal family in a dispute with one of London’s largest estates
- Advising a developer in respect of a particularly contentious rights to light dispute
- Acting in several party wall matters, advising in respect of appeal awards
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Property Litigation Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Pyramus & Thisbe Club
2019 to date: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2012 - 2019: Partner, Ashfords
2006 - 2012: Partner Rochman Landau ( merged with Ashfords)
2004 - 2006: Partner, Finers
2000 - 2004: Solicitor then Partner, Rooks Rider
1998 - 2000: Solicitor, Speechly Bircham
‘Paul Dunbar is excellent: very commercially driven and determined always to get the best result for the client.‘
Legal 500 2022