Lindsay is a specialist planning and regeneration lawyer with almost 20 years’ experience advising the residential development sector (private sale, PRS and affordable providers) on the promotion of complex planning applications for residential led/mixed use sites particularly in London and the South East. She advises on the full range of planning and highways law, S106, CIL and policy matters – and has commented extensively on the recently introduced “First Homes” affordable housing tenure. Lindsay is a key advisor to several FTSE 100 companies, including Barratt Developments PLC. She has recently advised Barratt London/TFL on their Wembley scheme for 454 homes granted following a s77 call-in inquiry, Harrow View LLP (a Barratt/Hyde JV) on their redevelopment of the Kodak factory in Harrow for 2000 homes, and Catalyst Housing on its Wornington Green estate regeneration scheme in RBKC for approx. 1000 homes.
Lindsay is well known for her grasp of detail and strategic advice on residential sites with complex planning issues as well as for her commercial insight, enthusiasm and personable but no-nonsense style.
- Advising Weston Homes on all aspects of planning for its major scheme in Goodmayes, Redbridge to redevelop an existing 10-acre Tesco site to provide 1,280 residential units, with commercial and community use provision (including a replacement superstore), a 3-form entry primary school and public open space.
- Advising Harrow View LLP on all aspects of planning and complex CIL to bring forward an extensive 30 acre former Kodak print works site in LB Harrow for residential led mixed use development for over 2000 new homes, senior care living and employment.
- Advising Barratt London and TfL on all aspects of planning (including the successful s77 call-in inquiry) for the redevelopment of the Wembley Park Station car park in LB Brent (one of TfL’s portfolio sites) to provide 454 homes and commercial space
- Advising Barratt London and SEGRO on all aspects of the redevelopment of the former Nestle cocoa factory site in LB Hillingdon for approx. 1400 new homes and 230,000 industrial space
- Advising Hadley Homes on a 116 home residential led scheme in LB Merton
- Advising Catalyst Housing on three TFL portfolio sites in LB Harrow for 100% affordable housing
- Advising Catalyst Housing on the regeneration and improvement of its Wornington Green estate in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Academician of the Academy of Urbanism
2014 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2011 to 2014: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2009 to 2011: Senior Associate, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP
2004 to 2009: Associate, Bevan Brittan LLP
2001 to 2004: Pinsent Masons
Lindsay has vast experience and expert knowledge, she is a great communicator with impressive negotiation skills, and she has excellent commercial understanding.
Lindsay Garratt is excellent – her advice to us was accurate and succinct, and met my demanding timescale.
Legal 500, 2020
Lindsay is an expert in all matters housing.
Lindsay is highly professional and knowledgeable, but most importantly very approachable. Her negotiation style is firm but fair.
“Lindsay is foresnic in her analysis of complex issues and her strategic advice is unfailingly watertight. She is a great team player and entirely client-focused.”
Legal 500, 2019