Bettina specialises in employment and partnership law, providing contentious and non-contentious employment law advice to multinational employer clients, senior executives and founders. She specialises in providing day-to-day UK employment law advice to multinational employer clients on risk and strategic HR issues relating to their UK workforce, particularly in relation to internal investigations, whistleblowing and discrimination claims and exits as well as restructuring and redundancy exercises.
Bettina provides contentious partnership law advice and has extensive experience in managing partner exits both in the legal and financial services sectors and is regarded for her ability to provide strategic and commercial advice.
Bettina is bilingual in English and German and acts for many German multi-nationals with UK operations, and German senior executives (advising them in German).
International Who’s Who Legal: Labour & Employment: Bettina is named in the 2018 edition of – and is described as “at the top of her game; an excellent employment lawyer who is very precise and to the point”.
International Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Brexit 2018 (2nd edition): Bettina is named in the 2018 edition.
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
- European Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
- Member of the German British Chamber of Commerce
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Acting for the London office of a US law firm in relation to a race discrimination claim brought by an unsuccessful job applicant, and providing legal and tactical advice on the grievance process and ongoing sickness absence of an underperforming support staff member, leading to a negotiated agreed exit on terms favourable to the firm
- Advising the trustees of a private hospital on the grievance and alleged whistleblowing concerns raised by their Chief Executive, instructing and liaising with an independent investigator and proving legal and tactical advice to secure a favourable agreed exit
- Acting for a longstanding financial services client headquartered in Germany in relation to the redundancy of one senior team member and ongoing employment law advice
- Advising a law firm on the legal and tactical issues in relation to an underperforming female equity partner with ongoing health concerns who has raised a grievance against her head of department
- Advising a cross border global fund placement agent in respect of the threatened High Court and whistleblowing claim of a partner on whom a no cause expulsion notice had been served
- Advising an equity partner of a magic circle law firm facing an independently led investigation process for alleged serious misconduct involving a former junior colleague with potential criminal liabilities. Also supporting the partner through the process and assisting with position statements and strategic advice, ultimately leading to a positive outcome for the partner who was kept on by the firm
- Bettina provides longstanding ongoing pro-bono employment law advice and support to domestic violence charity, Refuge
2018 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2006 to 2018: Partner, CM Murray LLP
2004 to 2006: Solicitor, Hammonds
1999 to 2004: Solicitor, Fox Williams