About: Public Law
Our team has experience in all areas of Public Law.
We work with a variety of government departments, non-departmental public bodies and public sector audit offices in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We advise our clients on public law and constitutional issues, often providing expert legal opinion on matters of administrative law and statutory interpretation. We are respected for our expertise on the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and on regional devolution and decentralisation.
We also advise leading independent public bodies on a project-specific basis, supporting clients with their procurement strategies and processes and helping them to structure their commercial arrangements in a way that best promotes their primary objectives.
The key areas in which we can help you are:
- regulatory law
- public procurement
- partnerships within the public and private sectors
- commercial arrangements including outsourcing and agency contracts
- retained EU law
- administrative and constitutional law
- human rights
- the Freedom of Information and Environmental Information requests
- property and estate management
- state aid
- Parliamentary advice on UK, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish legislatures
- promotion of hybrid bills
We also have extensive expertise advising central and local government and the bodies which audit them. We are familiar with the practical and legal issues associated with delivering value for money. Our experience in working with the public sector helps clients achieve the maximum results with the resources available to them.