About: Contested Estates and Trusts
Winckworth Sherwood’s contested estate and trusts team appreciates that any dispute concerning a Deceased person’s estate can be an extremely distressing time for all concerned. Family relationships can be tested and a matter can soon become emotionally charged. Our team prides itself on its understanding and calm approach in difficult times, whether you are seeking to bring a claim against an estate or are having to defend one. We aim to handle matters tenaciously and with the greatest sensitivity.
We are keen advocates of alternative dispute resolution and regularly represent individuals and charities at mediations and settlement meetings. However, if court proceedings are necessary we will fight hard for the right result.
We can advise you on a range of disputes involving:
- the administration of an estate or trusts;
- removal of executors;
- homemade or incomplete Wills;
- challenges to Wills on grounds of testamentary capacity;
- the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- claims for proprietary estoppel;
- claims for undue influence;
- fraud and misappropriation of assets involving an estate.