We are delighted to share with you our new report (attached) issued this week into the shift in attitudes towards flexible working – six months on from our last survey on the same topic undertaken in January 2020. Both of our surveys have been undertaken with YouGov who have surveyed 500 HR decision makers and 1000 employees.
We have seen considerable changes in attitudes towards flexible working due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has led employers and employees to consider “what will the new way of working look like?”
Our report focuses on:
- The actual or perceived barriers to flexible working and how this has changed (or not changed) over the last six months. As you will see employers and employees have divergent views.
- The long term operational changes employers are considering making as a result of COVID-19.
- The challenges employers face in relation to home-working and how to address these.
- What employees want their future work arrangements to look like.
- What employees consider employers should be doing better to enable them to work from home.
We have set out our recommendations for successful home working including having or updating your flexible and agile working policies to reflect the workplace of the future.
How will you be addressing ways of working in the future and can we help? We would be delighted to discuss any views you have or advice you would like as we all move forward to a new working norm.Shifting Attitudes to Flexible Working – Six months on