Simon has broad-ranging experience in all areas of commercial property work including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters and development transactions, including air rights developments.
He also has many years’ experience of acting for owners of commercial, rural and residential property, but since joining Winckworth Sherwood in 2011 Simon’s work has increasingly focussed on infrastructure projects in the rail and port sectors.
Simon acts for a variety of different types of organisation, including infrastructure operators in the rail and ports sectors, a large Crown charity with extensive property interests and a range of educational and charitable organisations and is always keen to explore opportunities to expand this practice further.
- working closely with the firm’s Parliamentary team advising HS2 in relation to property aspects of assurances, undertakings and compromise agreements with petitioners during the passing of the hybrid Bill authorising Phase1 of the high speed rail project
- advising on the property aspects of the compulsory acquisition for the HS2 project of substantial property interests
- advising a large Naval charity in relation to the management and enhancement of its extensive property portfolio in south east London
- advising Network Rail on property aspects of the recent regeneration of Reading Station and other development disposals
- advising Network Rail in relation to the transfer to TfL of property interests and rights required in connection with the construction and operation of Crossrail
- advising a port operator in relation to a number of property transactions port users connection with the construction and maintenance of the Galloper, EAOne, Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas offshore wind projects
- advising a number of independent schools and other educational or ecclesiastical bodies in a variety of property transactions related to the disposal of surplus land for development and the enhancement of their existing facilities
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The City of Westminster and Holborn Law Society
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association
- Agricultural Law Association
2011 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
1989 to 2011: Partner, Dawsons
1984 to 1988: Assistant Solicitor, Dawsons
1982 to 1984: Trainee Solicitor, Dawsons
Tuesday 6th July 2021 | 10.00 - 11.15am
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Panel Discussion
ESG is becoming increasingly important in regard to private finance and investment and the UK’s social housing market has an[…..]