Simon has broad-ranging experience in all areas of commercial property work including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters and development transactions, including air rights developments.
He also has many years’ experience of acting for owners of commercial, rural and residential property, but since joining Winckworth Sherwood in 2011 Simon’s work has increasingly focussed on infrastructure projects in the rail and port sectors.
Simon acts for a variety of different types of organisation, including infrastructure operators in the rail and ports sectors, a large Crown charity with extensive property interests and a range of educational and charitable organisations and is always keen to explore opportunities to expand this practice further.
- working closely with the firm’s Parliamentary team advising HS2 in relation to property aspects of assurances, undertakings and compromise agreements with petitioners during the passing of the hybrid Bill authorising Phase1 of the high speed rail project
- advising on the property aspects of the compulsory acquisition for the HS2 project of substantial property interests
- advising a large Naval charity in relation to the management and enhancement of its extensive property portfolio in south east London
- advising Network Rail on property aspects of the recent regeneration of Reading Station and other development disposals
- advising Network Rail in relation to the transfer to TfL of property interests and rights required in connection with the construction and operation of Crossrail
- advising a port operator in relation to a number of property transactions port users connection with the construction and maintenance of the Galloper, EAOne, Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas offshore wind projects
- advising a number of independent schools and other educational or ecclesiastical bodies in a variety of property transactions related to the disposal of surplus land for development and the enhancement of their existing facilities
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The City of Westminster and Holborn Law Society
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association
- Agricultural Law Association
2011 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
1989 to 2011: Partner, Dawsons
1984 to 1988: Assistant Solicitor, Dawsons
1982 to 1984: Trainee Solicitor, Dawsons
Tuesday 10th - Friday 13th March 2020
We are delighted to be attending MIPIM 2020, the leading real estate event for property professionals. Our team will be in Cannes and will be delighted to meet up with you. Meet the team If you are attending MIPIM and …
Palais des Festivals,. Cannes, France
Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th March 2020
Total Housing 2020
Representatives from all our real estate specialisms will be in Brighton. This includes construction, planning, social housing and development. Please contact us if you are intested in meeting us during the conference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Brighton Hilton Metropole, Kings Road . Brighton BN1 2FE
Thursday 27th February 2020
Build To Rent Forum 2020
We are delighted to be involved with the BTR Forum again in 2020. This is an authoritative one-day event that brings together private and public sector leaders and key stakeholders to debate and exchange ideas. This year’s theme is ‘Build …
155 Bishopsgate Conference Centre. London EC2M 3YD
Speakers: Karen Cooksley