Samantha is an Associate in the Private Client and Charities team.
She specialises in preparing Wills and estate planning including the use of testamentary trusts. She advises a broad range of clients including local business owners, high net worth individuals, charities and those wishing to make charitable bequests.
The other major focus of Samantha’s work is estate administration. She deals with both straightforward and complex estates, acting for private executors as well as a number of local and national charities.
Samantha also assists those wishing to put in place Lasting Powers of Attorney, advises on the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney and advises attorneys on their role and responsibilities.
Prior to joining the legal profession, Samantha worked for 15 years as a press officer and in a variety of marketing roles, mainly in the public and charitable sectors. She also worked freelance as a translator, editor and marketing copywriter.
- Advising clients remotely and ensuring Wills and LPAs are correctly signed and witnessed during Covid-19 lockdowns
- Preparing a Will to provide for a vulnerable adult beneficiary
- Amending the class of beneficiaries and advising on the winding up of a long-standing Will trust
- Advising a well-known national charity on dormant assets
- Advising on the post-death variation of a complex estate
- Obtaining a UK grant of representation in a Danish intestate estate
The Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP): Full member
The Law Society
Jan 2021 – Present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
Feb 2020 – June 2020: Locum Solicitor, Willans LLP
Sept 2016 – Dec 2019: Solicitor, Blake Morgan LLP
Sept 2014 – August 2016: Trainee Solicitor, Blake Morgan LLP (seats in Charities, Succession and Tax, Commercial and Employment)