Robert heads the Commercial Real Estate and Licensing team. Robert’s particular interest has always been in the retail and leisure industries and has expanded his expertise into the field of telecommunications and electric vehicle charging. Robert has also written on cannabis law and the recent popularity of Cannabidiol (CBD).
He was Sainsbury’s Legal Community Lawyer of the Year for 2009 and was nominated for the same award in 2010 and again in 2017.
- Drafting template agreements for the installation of electric vehicle charging apparatus
- The acquisition, disposal and other management work for commercial premises including retail, office and licensed premises
- Leading project teams for property management work relating to telecommunications cell sites
- Handling and supervising premises licence applications for public houses, supermarkets, petrol forecourt stores, hotels, cinemas, nightclubs and sports stadia.
- Representing clients at licence hearings all over England and Wales.
- Creating online instruction extranet and reporting activities for property and licensing clientele
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Business In Sport and Leisure (BISL)
- Membership of the Retail Motor Industry Petrol Retailers Association
- Leaders in Licensing and Regulation (formerly Business in Licensing)
1996 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
1994 to 1996: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
1992 to 1994: Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya London
1989 to 1992: Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell
1987 to 1989: Articled Clerk, Irwin Mitchell