Richard is head of Winckworth Sherwood’s commercial and corporate team. He advises SME’s, high net worth clients and entrepreneurs, property developers, housing associations and public sector clients on:
- real estate joint ventures and corporate acquisitions and disposals of land;
- strategic alliances, partnerships and shareholders’ agreements;
- procurement, outsourcing and commercial agreements (including business transfers).
Recent real estate projects:
- advising various leading developers on acquisition structures and joint ventures with Transport for London, Hyde Housing, MSREF, CPC Group, British Land, L&Q and various local authorities;
- assisting various G15 registered providers on corporate structures and joint venture arrangements with Mount Anvil, Countryside, Galliford Try, Berkeley, Hill, Bellway, Crest Nicholson, Nicholas King Homes, London Square and various local authorities;
- supporting developers and fund managers on the acquisition and disposal of real estate assets via corporate vehicles.
- helping a family office with the creation and ongoing maintenance of corporate entities for the purposes of owning and operating multiple aircraft;
- advising on the procurement, commercial and corporate aspects of a project established to create a new national certification body, serviced by supply arrangements concluded via competitive tender;
- assisting Hertfordshire County Council with its arrangements for the procurement and subsequent transfer of the Croxley Rail Link project to Transport for London;
- advising a company on various software development contracts and related arrangements for implementation of a national IT system, including migration from legacy systems.
- Law Society of England & Wales
2003 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2000 to 2003: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
1998 to 2000: Trainee, Winckworth Sherwood