Mark heads our Lease Extension and Enfranchisement team. Providing specialist advice to flat owners and landlords in London and the South East on a wide range of property matters, he has particular expertise in lease extension, freehold enfranchisement for flats and houses held on leases, collective enfranchisement, conveyancing (both commercial and residential), right to manage and right of first refusal.
Our lease extension team help both landlords and tenants find the best way to achieve their objectives, providing commercial advice in terms that reflect our knowledge of leasehold ownership.
- PLC estate landlord’s with regard to enfranchisement and lease extension claims they receive and make
- Groups of flat owners in the exercise of their collective right to acquire the freehold interest of their building both by enfranchising pursuant to the LRHUD Act 1993 (as amended) and pursuant to the right of first refusal created by the L&T Act 1987
- Groups of flat owners and landlords in the exercise of the right to manage
- SME ‘s regarding the assignment of commercial leases
- Developers in their sales and acquisitions
- Individuals in their sale and purchase of residential property, in particular high net worth individuals
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP)
2008 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2001 to 2008: Partner, Ashley Wilson
1999 to 2001: Solicitor, Ashley Wilson
1996 to 1999: Articled clerk and solicitor, Bowling & Co