Marie-Louise is an experienced commercial litigation/dispute resolution lawyer. She advises in a broad range of contentious matters, including contract disputes, tort claims (including professional negligence), procurement challenges and judicial review proceedings, company and shareholder disputes and contentious insolvency.
Marie-Louise acts for individuals and companies in connection with privacy and reputation management.
As well as advising clients in the UK, Marie-Louise provides support and assistance to overseas lawyers and clients in disputes that are subject to English law or jurisdiction.
Marie-Louise has experience in sectors including manufacturing (including automotive and textile), technology (including food/dairy), natural resources (including renewable energy), and in restructuring/insolvency.
Marie-Louise is equally comfortable advising on risk management and dispute avoidance, as obtaining/fighting worldwide freezing injunctions in acrimonious litigation. From pre-action conduct, through alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation, to trials and appeals, Marie-Louise always delivers.
- Acted for DMK in a privacy action against News Group Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Sun), obtaining an injunction preventing The Sun publishing information identifying DMK as the Defendant in related Chancery Division proceedings – DMK v News Group Newspapers Limited  1646 EWHC (QB)
- Acting in judicial review proceedings in the Administrative Court and Court of Appeal, including in infrastructure projects (Pritchett v Crossrail Ltd  EWHC 3474 (Admin) and  EWCA Civ 317)
- Acting for solar developers in project development disputes, including obtaining asset freezing injunctions
- Representing a manufacturer (automotive) in a supply contract dispute
- Representing textile manufacturers in a multi-party High Court/Court of Appeal contract/trade mark infringement dispute. (The Trademark Licensing Company Limited & anor v Leofelis SA & ors  EWHC 485 (Ch) and  EWCA Civ 985)
- Advising a property investment company in a professional negligence claim against solicitors
- Representing insolvency practitioners in claims against directors/shareholders to recover unlawful dividends and in relation to prior transactions
- Acting for principals in claims under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993
- Acting in unfair prejudice petitions (s.994 Companies Act 2006) and in other company/shareholder disputes
- Acting in contested winding up/bankruptcy proceedings, including obtaining injunctive relief and annulment orders
- Acting for various clients in IT/telecoms contract disputes
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
- R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals
2013 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
2003 to 2013: Solicitor, then Partner, Druces LLP (formerly Druces & Attlee)
2000 to 2003: Solicitor, Berrymans Lace Mawer
1998 to 2000: Solicitor, Argles & Court
1996 to 1998: Trainee Solicitor, Blaser Mills Winter Taylors
“Marie-Louise King is very good, very professional, prompt, and efficient. She will get the job done.”
Bali Nijjar, Managing Director, Freshways
“Marie-Louise… is very responsive and produced great results. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with her again.”
Geo Van Langenhove, Counsel, Nuance Communications
Marie-Louise King is ‘outstanding.’
Legal 500, 2017
Legal 500, 2019