Louise is Partner in Winckworth Sherwood’s Employment team. She advises employers and senior executives on all aspects of employment law including service agreements, maternity issues, grievances and disciplinary issues, redundancy and restructuring exercises, settlement agreements and departure situations. She also works as part of the HR team of her employer clients, providing prompt advice on day-to-day HR queries they receive.
As well as acting for senior executives, Louise also advises Partners on their entry to or departure from a LLP.
Louise has significant experience in handling complex and high value maternity, sex discrimination and whistleblowing claims for both employers and senior executives, which often result in confidential settlements. Her experience in advising both employers and employees gives her a real insight into handling disputes to the advantage of her client.
Louise advises clients in relation to Subject Access Requests under the Data Protection Act 1998. She has made complaints on behalf of employees to the Information Commissioner’s Office which have been upheld and required the employer to disclose the relevant information. She is also experienced in advising employers on how to respond to Subject Access Requests and has assisted with putting together information for their response.
Louise advises across all sectors, with particular focus on the financial, retail, legal and property sectors.
Legal 500 has recently described Winckworth Sherwood’s Employment Department as “absolutely outstanding” and providing “spot on advice and an exemplary service”.
- Successfully obtaining a “drop hands” settlement for a respondent where the claimant withdrew their whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims without any payment from the respondent
- Assisting a senior female banker with her grievance against a Bank that she had been paid less than her male peers and negotiating a substantial salary increase for the employee
- Acting for an employer in a complex sex discrimination and victimisation claim brought by a senior executive who alleged that a large number of individuals at the employer had been perpetrators of the discrimination and achieving a resolution
- Acting for two senior employees in the property and financial sectors in relation to their complex whistleblowing claims and successfully negotiating favourable settlements shortly before their hearings commenced
- Assisting a senior female employee with her grievance that she had been subjected to discrimination on her return from maternity leave and achieving a resolution where the employee was transferred to a suitable alternative role and received compensation
- Acting for five parties in a complex sex discrimination claim relating to flexible working and achieving a commercial settlement
- Being involved in a complex arbitration considering the application of repudiatory breach to LLP Agreements
- Obtaining a strike out of a race discrimination claim brought by an employee against an individual and a costs order against the employee for bringing the claim
- Successfully defending claims brought by an employee for sex discrimination, victimisation and unfair dismissal and obtaining a restrictive reporting order in relation to the Tribunal proceedings
Law Society of England and Wales
Employment Lawyers’ Association
2018 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2010 to 2018: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2010: Solicitor, Dawsons
2006 to 2008: Trainee Solicitor, Dawsons