Liam is part of the Property Dispute Resolution Team and advises housing associations on all aspects of housing management. Liam represents housing associations on a broad range of issues, including nuisance and anti-social behaviour, possession claims, disrepair claims, demotion claims, committal applications, succession, abandonment, trespass, death of tenant(s), and rent arrears.
Early intervention is a huge part of successfully managing housing stock and Liam is able to assist with the preparation of warning letters, service and preparation of notices and can offer mediation to help avoid the need to escalate matters to court.
Liam also frequently provides training to clients on various areas of housing management.
- Successfully resisted an appeal to the Court of Appeal in a case where the tenants were evicted following an unsuccessful claim for succession of a secure tenancy
- Advised housing association clients on unlawful subletting throughout shared ownership schemes
- Acted for housing association clients in cases involving serious disrepair to properties where personal injury is claimed by tenants
- Successfully secured an outright possession order against a tenant protected by the Equality Act 2010
- Obtained numerous without notice civil injunctions with immediate exclusions from the tenants home in cases of extreme anti-social behaviour
- Secured an outright possession order utilising the new mandatory ground for possession (Ground 7A)
- Secured various custodial sentences following committal applications made after breach of civil injunctions
Law Society of England and Wales
2018 to present: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 to 2018: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2017: Solicitor, Hugh James
2013 to 2015: Trainee Solicitor, HBJ&W Law