Jonathan is a construction lawyer with an academic and professional background in commercial management and quantity surveying. Before qualifying as a solicitor, he worked for both contractors and consultants in the UK and the UAE and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building.
Jonathan practices a mix of contentious and non-contentious construction law and has experience working with the JCT and FIDIC forms of contract for traditional procurement, design and build, and EPC. Clients value Jonathan’s underlying technical and commercial understanding of construction and engineering projects, transactions and disputes.
- Advising on defects claims against multiple consultants and sub-contractors on a large residential redevelopment project.
- Advising a housing association on legal recourse against the construction team responsible for specification and use of flammable cladding and the potential for claiming costs of remedial works under the Building Safety Fund.
- Acting for an international property holding company advising on pursuing claims for internal and external fire safety remediation to one of its UK properties.
- Advising on project team procurement and appointments for the redevelopment of a private members’ club.
- Providing construction advice to lenders relating to discharge of conditions precedent to finance drawdowns on development projects.
- Negotiation and drafting of schedules of amendment to standard forms of contract, consultant appointments, sub-contracts, deeds of novation, collateral warranties and other contract documents.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB)
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
May 2021 – Present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
Feb 2018 – Feb 2020: Trainee Solicitor, Lennons
Sep 2012 – May 2015: Contracts Manager, Northcroft Middle East
Oct 2011 – Sep 2012: Contract Administrator, BESIX
Jul 2008 – Jul 2009: Junior Commercial Manager, Vinci
10-11 May 2022
Housing Brighton 2022
We are looking forward to catching up with clients and contacts at this year’s Housing Brighton Conference. Members of our[…..]