Jon specialises in finding pragmatic, commercial and risk-aware solutions for companies operating in a regulated sector, public bodies, charitable organisations and others wishing to do business with them. Jon has particular expertise in public procurement. He advises authorities and bidders both as to the conduct of procurement exercises themselves, but also on building a procurement strategy, making modifications to existing contracts and dealing with challenges.
Jon advises clients on state aid, data protection, freedom of information, financial and consumer credit regulation, and statutory powers.
- Acting for a borough council in negotiations with Network Rail and others for the relocation of a railway station into a major new housing development.
- Acting for a borough council in the negotiation of a multi-site development partnership with a major housing association, following a competitive exercise.
- Procuring framework agreements for use by school providers and local authorities nationwide for school construction works.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Procurement Lawyers’ Association
2017 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2017: Associate, Trowers & Hamlins
2010 to 2015: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2009 to 2010: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2007 to 2009: Paralegal, Winckworth Sherwood