Joe qualified into the Property Dispute Resolution Team in October 2016 and was previously part of the team from September 2011.
Joe advises on a range of commercial and residential property disputes for institutional landlords, housing associations and developers including matters relating to service charges, break rights and options, development disputes, repairing obligations, noise nuisance, breaches of and enforcement of covenants, misrepresentation in residential sale contracts, easements and issues relating to party walls.
- Advising a Housing Association in relation to a claim for adverse possession necessary for the assembly of a proposed development site
- Acting for a real estate investor in relation to alleged noise nuisance caused by a commercial tenant
- Defending possession proceedings wrongfully brought against a Housing Association client
- Advising in relation to liability to pay for replacement cladding and recoverability of the cost of the implementation of a “waking watch”
- Acting for a client on the termination of a lease for repudiatory breach of contract
- Advising a national house builder in respect of their obligations under a sale and purchase agreement for a large redevelopment site
- Advising developers on mis-selling and mis-description in relation to the sale of residential freehold and leasehold properties
Law Society of England and Wales
Property Litigation Association
2019 to present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2019: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2014 to 2016: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood