Jamie advises on a broad range of commercial property transactions with a particular focus on the retail and leisure sector, development work and occupier side transactions across various sectors. Jamie advises domestic and international UK headquartered clients on a range of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions and disposals, HQ relocations, sale and leasebacks, lease regears, development agreements and portfolio management. Jamie also provides support on corporate restructures and refinancing deals with a real estate element. He has particular experience in the negotiation of concession agreements allowing retailers to operate units under licence in airports and railway stations.
- facilitating the sale of a portfolio of properties for a multinational retailer to raise funds for reinvestment elsewhere in the business;
- assisting an international restaurant chain with its UK acquisition programme including leasehold and freehold purchases and the negotiation of development agreements;
- supporting a British headquartered major international retailer on the relocation of their global headquarters;
- advising clients in various sectors on headquarter relocations;
- negotiating framework agreements for major retailers within supermarket chains to enable the rapid roll out of “stores within stores” enabling the retailers to quickly expand to operate from a number of supermarket stores;
- completing a lease of new premises for a leading charity on terms which will enable them to switch between retail, logistics, offices and warehousing use depending on their needs.
- Law Society
November 2019 - present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
April 2019 - November 2019 : Partner, Knights Plc (following its acquisition of BrookStreet des Roches LLP)
2017 - 2019: Partner, BrookStreet des Roches
2012 - 2017: Senior Associate, BrookStreet des Roches LLP
2009 - 2012: Associate, Ashurst LLP
2007 - 2009: Trainee, Ashurst LLP
Thursday 22nd April 2021 | 10.00 - 11.00am
Looking forward – what’s next for heat networks?
Heat networks is a fast changing market. With impending regulation, net zero targets and increased levels of customer satisfaction and[…..]