Harriet is a Senior Associate in the employment team. She specialises in providing employment law advice to a spectrum of clients, ranging from global PLCs, to start ups on business matters and senior executives and partners on individual matters. This gives Harriet a strategic advantage as she can devise tactics based on her experience of acting for both sides.
Harriet is known for her commercial and pragmatic approach and she takes great care in getting to know her clients and understanding their particular circumstances, enabling her to provide tailored advice and deliver real strategic value to her clients.
- Providing day to day HR support to employer clients across the technology, retail, property, banking and pharmaceutical sectors, including advice in relation to disciplinary and grievances matters, sickness absence and mental health issues.
- Advising on both small scale and large scale redundancy and restructuring exercises and preparing all the requisite documentation.
- Advising on family friendly rights and discrimination, in particular, pregnancy and maternity discrimination matters and flexible working.
- Advising on complex and sensitive departures and negotiating exit packages and settlement agreements on behalf of both employees and employers;
- Advising on disputes regarding post-termination restrictions, protection of confidential information and breaches of contract, including team moves;
- Acting for both claimants and defendants in Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing;
- Drafting bespoke documentation including director service agreements, employment contracts, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks;
- Advising on the employment aspects of corporate and commercial transactions, including the application of TUPE.
Harriet also regularly delivers training and seminars on various aspects of employment law.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
Harriet has recently co-authored a report on Ethical Leadership in a time of crisis, looking at how employers have responded to the pandemic, the impact on employees and what this could mean for the future of work. Read the report
2018 to present: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2018: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2014 to 2015: Solicitor, Gordon Dadds LLP
2012 to 2014: Solicitor, Davenport Lyons
2010 to 2012: Trainee Solicitor, Davenport Lyons