Christopher is a real estate lawyer specialising in large scale urban regeneration and infrastructure projects. He acts for a wide range of clients including developers, investors, funders, landowners and public sector bodies and has particular expertise in dealing with transport and energy infrastructure issues.
Christopher has a particular interest in sustainability issues affecting the property industry and was recently part of a property industry working group advising DECC on the proposed Minimum Energy Performance Standards regulations to be introduced in 2018.
- Acting for Redrow Homes Limited in relation to the Alton Estate regeneration project comprising 1100 new homes as well as new commercial space and a community hub
- Acting for London and Quadrant in relation to the Purfleet Centre Regeneration, a £800 million regeneration project in Thurrock expected to produce 2,500 new homes, a state-of- the-art film media and television studio complex and a new town centre featuring a primary school shops leisure and community facilities and remodelled railway station
- Acting for General Motors in connection with the sale of a former vehicle storage depot at Chaul End Luton to Redrow Homes for development as 325 new homes and a new community centre
- Acting for London Underground in relation to the Northern Ticket Hall at King’s Cross being part of a £900 million transport infrastructure project
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Investment Property Forum Sustainability Special Interest Group
- Green Property Alliance
2014 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
1999 to 2014: Partner, Squire Sanders
1995 to 1999: Assistant, Squire Sanders
1989 to 1995: Assistant, Hogan Lovells
1985 to 1989: Assistant, Nabarro
Here’s how the Mayor’s London Plan could use public infrastructure projects like Crossrail 2 to plug the funding gap and build more affordable homes for the cityRead more
Tuesday 2nd March 2021 | 10.00 - 11.15am
Building Safety – What’s next for the RP sector?
You are invited to join us for this one-stop-shop building safety update which will discuss the issues RPs face when[…..]