Chris is a partner in the employment team who advises businesses on all aspects of data protection law as well as employment and partnership law. He has considerable experience of advising both UK and global businesses on all areas of data protection compliance and has frequently advised companies on cybersecurity incident response matters, including dealings with data protection supervisory authorities and individual data breach notifications.
In the employment sphere, Chris regularly advises employers on senior level hires and terminations, grievances, data subject access requests as well as restrictive covenant enforcement. Chris has particular experience advising on the employment aspects of global transactions.
- Advising a global news organisation on all aspects of GDPR compliance, including privacy notices, record of processing, data processor agreements and cookie compliance.
- Advising a pharmaceutical sector services provider on its response to cybersecurity incident, including data breach notifications in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a global internet domain registrar on the data protection aspects of acquisition of a number of top level domains and related assets.
- Advising a luxury UK retailer on the termination of its chief executive officer and the appointment of replacement.
- Advising a Bermuda headquartered insurer and reinsurer on the acquisition of a UK managing agent and Lloyd’s platform, and subsequent restructuring.
Employment Lawyers Association
Law Society of England and Wales
2022 - present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2011 - 2022: Associate and International Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton
2007 - 2011: Associate, Baker McKenzie
2001 - 2006: Trainee and Associate, Allen & Overy
February - November 2022
2022 HR Hour Events Programme
Aimed at HR professionals, our HR Hour events are designed to keep you informed and up to date on changes[…..]
Tuesday 26 April 2022 | 9.30 - 10.30am
HR Hour: Data protection issues for employers
At our next hybrid HR Hour our expert speaker Chris Garrett, with Jo Keddie chairing, will discuss Data Protection issues[…..]
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close. London SE1 9BB / Online