Charis acts for private and public sector clients on contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
She has extensive experience of litigation in the Technology & Construction Court and of adjudication. Charis has also assisted in international and domestic arbitrations.
Prior to joining Winckworth Sherwood LLP, Charis was part of the global construction insurance team at DAC Beachcroft LLP.
During her time at DAC Beachcroft LLP, Charis was seconded to Singapore for 7 months and worked on a number of cross border contentious and non-contentious matters.
Charis is a volunteer community mediator and was appointed as an executive director of Lambeth Mediation Services in 2015.
- Acting for contractor and its public liability insurer in respect of £20m multi-party dispute, litigated in the Technology & Construction Court. Dispute concerned allegedly defective underpinning works and associated financial losses
- Advising on the preparation and review of professional appointments, collateral warranties and bond for large social housing development in London
- Acting for Construction All Risk insurers in respect of £8m multi-party dispute, litigated in Northern Irish Courts. Dispute related to hospital extension works and allegedly defective pipework systems
- Acting for employer and its insurers in £2m litigated dispute concerning contractor’s liability for allegedly defective design and construction of stadium roof
- Acting for school in respect of adjudicated payment dispute with contractor; acting for employer in respect of adjudicated payment and extension of time dispute with contractor
- Advising social housing provider on termination of construction contract following contractor insolvency
Law Society of England and Wales, Society of Construction Lawyers, Women in Law London
- French, basic
- Danish, basic
2015 to present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2015: Solicitor, DAC Beachcroft LLP
2007 to 2008: Paralegal, Ross & Co