Andrew is a Partner in the employment team, advising businesses and senior executives on all aspects of employment law. He works with employer clients across a range of sectors, including financial services, technology, retail and education – providing pragmatic and prompt day-to-day advice on all aspects of the employment relationship.
He also has a great deal of experience helping clients to avoid or to defuse disputes and – where necessary – successfully running complex litigation.
Andrew acts for individuals, regularly in the financial services sector, in private equity and numerous FTSE 100 and 250 departmental heads and main board directors. Typically this includes advising on and negotiating all aspects of complex and high-value moves, terminations and disputes – at each stage carefully managing not only the financial terms, but also the more nuanced reputational aspects.
No two disputes are ever the same and Andrew regularly receives praise for his adaptability – finding ways to engage constructively with the people involved to settle ‘impossible to settle’ claims, but equally being recognised as ‘never flagging’, remaining ‘on top of the other side’ and ‘maintaining his clarity of thinking throughout’ during strategically complex negotiations.
- Acting for a number of large, global employers in successfully defending disputes involving complex allegations of discrimination, whistle-blowing, unfair dismissal and breach of contract
- Running and negotiating excellent outcomes for individuals involved in complex and high value whistle-blowing claims, often involving allegations of regulatory breaches
- Successfully applying for the strike-out of a number of discrimination claims
- Advising in relation to employment status; drafting employment and consultancy contracts; assisting with developing and implementing grievance and disciplinary procedures; and drafting and updating tailored handbooks and employment policies
- Acting for individuals, successfully pursuing unfair dismissal, direct discrimination and pregnancy discrimination proceedings against global banks
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
2015 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2004 to 2014: Solicitor, Withers LLP
2002 to 2004: Trainee Solicitor, Withers LLP
Clients praise the ‘efficient’ Andrew Yule.
He has depth of knowledge and is incredibly calm, very responsive and incredibly hard-working…He understands our business very well and provides thoughtfuladvice and a commercial view.
Legal 500 2018
“Andrew Yule is calm and measured with a well-thought-through view considering legal and commercial aspects pragmatically.”
Legal 500 2021
“Andrew Yule really stood out as extremely reactive, very knowledgeable, highly understanding.”
Legal 500 2021
“Andrew Yule has been the lead partner with whom I have engaged. He has always applied sound, realistic judgement to the matters in hand and provided strategic and tactical advice that lead to successful outcomes. He is prompt to respond to questions, turning drafts and submissions around quickly. Particularly valued is his ability to explain in layman’s terms the sometimes arcane aspects of employment law and is very supportive throughout the employee relations process.”
Legal 500 2021