Aleksandra has experience of working on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, representing both employer and individual clients. Aleksandra seeks to understand her clients’ needs and uses her experience to help clients achieve commercial solutions. Her experience includes acting on behalf of individuals in employment disputes and negotiating favourable and high-value settlements as well as assisting employer clients with issues ranging from day-to-day HR queries to defending Employment Tribunal claims.
Aleksandra has actively supported the Citizens Advice Bureau on behalf of WS. Her work with the CAB has included running and volunteering at the rent arrears clinic, as well as establishing the employment and family law clinics for which WS received a charity award. Aleksandra has also been involved with the Hestia charity running a mock interview scheme for vulnerable adults and continues to provide pro-bono advice to Refuge, a women’s charity.
- Representing employees in proposed and actual dismissal situations seeking to negotiate a settlement as a precursor to Employment Tribunal/Court litigation.
- Acting on behalf of employees in complex grievances and appeals involving (amongst other things) bullying/harassment, discrimination, whistleblowing and redundancy/restructure situations.
- Advising on, and drafting settlement agreements to include negotiation of enhanced departure terms and release/reduction of restrictive covenants.
- Negotiating favourable and high-value departure terms for a number of mid-level and senior individuals, including City/International lawyers.
- Drafting and responding to data subject access requests.
- Acting for employers in relation to reviewing and drafting contracts and handbooks. Recently, updating contracts and handbooks for an employer wishing to switch its workforce to permanent homeworking and creating a suite of contracts for several different types of staff.
- Defending Employment Tribunal litigation.
External Press Coverage
- Global Banking and Finance, Oct 2021: Long COVID: could it amount to a disability?
- HR News, Mar 2021: COVID-19 pandemic: has it turned back the clock on gender equality?
- Business Leader, Dec 2020: 2021: An outlook for Employers
- HR Zone, Feb 2020: Brexit: implications for UK employment law
2019 to date: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 to 2019: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2012 to 2017: Paralegal, Winckworth Sherwood