Aleksandra qualified into the Employment team in 2019. She previously spent five years working in the team as a Paralegal while completing her law school (graduated her LLM LPC with a Distinction in 2017). She has experience of working on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, representing both employer and employee/senior executive clients.
Aleksandra has actively supported the Citizens Advice Bureau on behalf of WS. Her work with the CAB has included running and volunteering at the rent arrears clinic, as well as establishing the employment and family law clinics for which WS received a charity award. Aleksandra has also been involved with the Hestia charity running a mock interview scheme for vulnerable adults and continues to provide pro-bono advice to Refuge, a women’s charity.
- Representing employees in dismissal situations seeking to negotiate a settlement as a precursor to Employment Tribunal/Court proceedings.
- Acting on behalf of employees in complex grievances and appeals involving (amongst other things) bullying/harassment, discrimination, whistleblowing and redundancy/restructure situations.
- Advising on, and drafting settlement agreements to include negotiation of enhanced departure terms and release/reduction of restrictive covenants.
- Negotiating favourable and high-value departure terms for a number of mid-level and senior individuals, including City/International lawyers.
- Drafting and responding to data subject access requests.
- Acting for employers in relation to reviewing and drafting contracts and handbooks. Recently, updating contracts and handbooks for an employer wishing to switch its workforce to permanent homeworking and creating a suite of contracts for several different types of staff.
External Press Coverage
2019 to date: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 to 2019: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2012 to 2017: Paralegal, Winckworth Sherwood