Our charges and service information – Personal Immigration matters
This information is intended to inform you about our fees for immigration and citizenship matters. We have set out the hourly rates for our solicitors at different levels.
The below rates and fee estimates are exclusive of VAT. Professional fees will be subject to VAT at 20% where this is applicable.
These rates are subject to annual review.
- Partners – £400 – £600
- Senior Associates – £325 – £375
- Associates – £250 – £300
- Solicitor – £200
- Trainee Solicitors – £100
Your matter will always be supervised by a partner however work will be completed by lawyers of varying experience. The time spent by lawyers at different levels will vary depending on a number of factors including the complexity and nature of the matter.
The fees set out relate to standard applications for both entry clearance applications and in-country applications. Once we have all the information on your matter and the nature of the assistance you need, we may be able to agree a fixed fee. Your fee estimate or fixed fee would be agreed prior to us formalising our engagement with you.
The fees quoted are on the basis that you meet all the requirements under the Immigration Rules, associated Appendixes, EEA Regulations or British Nationality Act 1981 (as applicable). The fees are also based on the assumption that there are no other factors which make the application more complex such as a criminal record, overstaying or a history of non-compliance with UK immigration.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The legal issues involved
- The level of documentation available and any issues in obtaining the same
- Whether the application is an initial one, an extension or an application for indefinite leave to remain
- If we are required to liaise with third parties such as accountants or financial institutions
- If Counsel is required to provide written advice and/or to represent you as part of an appeal process
- The number of tribunal appearances required
What services are included?
The work will involve:
- Taking full instructions from you in order to provide initial assessment, advice on the key requirements and how these apply to your circumstances.
- Providing a comprehensive list of supporting documents.
- Reviewing and collating supporting documents.
- Liaising with third parties where required to obtain additional evidence.
- Preparing the relevant application forms, submitting these on your behalf and booking any necessary appointments.
- Drafting a detailed submissions in support of your application.
- Advising on the application procedures, and on likely time frames.
- Advising on the outcome of the application and next steps.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We will also charge for disbursements that we pay on your behalf. This may include costs such as translation fees and courier fees and can typically range from £30 to £500.
There will also be the costs of the Home Office fees and the appointment costs where applicable. The Home Office’s fees vary according to the type of application you are making, and the appointment costs will vary depending on where and how the application will be submitted and whether you wish to use a priority service for expediting a decision. Home Office fees are subject to change and you will be advised accordingly.
Further costs applicants may incur are as follows:
- Immigration Health Surcharge costs £400 per year for anyone seeking to come to the UK for more than 6 months.
- Criminal Record Certificate costs which can cost between £45 to £100 depending on the country and how many you may require.
- Evidence of English Language cost around £150-£200.
- The UK NARIC documentation will cost from £125 plus VAT, depending on the time-scales and documents needed.
- Tuberculosis Testing – The cost of the tuberculosis test will vary depending on which country you are applying from. These costs can vary between £50-£100.
- Life in the UK Test – applicants seeking to settle in the UK must sit and pass the Life in the UK test prior to the submission of application. The Life in the UK test fee is £50.
Tier 1 (investors) visa applications
Our fees can range from £10,000 – £20,000 depending on whether the application is for entry clearance or an extension application.
Tier 1 (exceptional talent) and Tier 1 (exceptional talent)
Our fees can range from £5,000 – £10,000 depending on whether the application is an initial entry clearance application or an extension application.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
The Tier 1 (entrepreneur) route has been closed to new applicants. Therefore our fees relate to extension applications only. Our fees can range from £6,000 – £10,000.
Tier 2 (General) visa
Our fees will range from £2,000 – £2,500 depending on whether the application is for entry clearance or an extension of leave or a change of employer application. This fee does not relate to the employers sponsorship licence application or assigning of a certificate of sponsorship.
Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
Fees range from £1,750 – £2,500 depending on whether the application is an entry clearance application or an extension application.
Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child) visa
Fees range from £3,500 – £5,000 depending on whether the application is for entry clearance or leave to remain. For a Tier 4 (Child) visa, the fee may vary depending on whether care arrangements have been put in place for the child while studying in the UK.
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) has six subcategories:
- Creative and sporting – for people coming to the United Kingdom to work or perform as sports people, entertainers or creative artists.
- Charity workers – for people coming to the United Kingdom to do voluntary work and not paid work for a charity.
- Religious workers – for people coming to the United Kingdom to work as religious workers, such as non-pastoral duties. People looking to fill roles which include preaching or pastoral work should consider applying for a Minister of Religion visa (Tier 2).
- Government authorised exchange – for people coming to the United Kingdom through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice.
- International agreement – for people coming to the United Kingdom under contract to provide a service that is covered under international law.
- Seasonal Workers: is a two-year pilot route beginning in Spring 2019, enabling employers in the edible horticulture sector to access seasonal workers, via an approved scheme operator.
Fees range from £2,500 – £5,000 depending on the type of Tier 5 application, whether the application is an initial grant or an extension application and the reasons for the extension.
Our fees will typically range from £2,500 – £5,000 depending on whether the application is an initial grant or an extension application and how you are able to demonstrate your UK ancestry.
Spouse/Partner, Civil Partner, Unmarried Partner or Child of British national or settled person (five-year route to settlement)
Fees range from £2,500 – £5,000 depending on your circumstances.
Dependant Adult Relative
Fees range from £3,500 – £5,000 depending on your circumstances and how you will meet the Home Office’s requirements in proving you need long-term care to do every day personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age and the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in.
Fees range from £1,500 – £3,500 depending on your circumstances and how you will meet the Home Office’s requirements, also if you are from a country where applications are commonly refused.
Domestic Worker Visitor
Fees range from £1,500 – £3,500 depending on your circumstances and how you will meet the Home Office’s requirements.
Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
Fees range from £2,500 – £5,000 depending on your circumstances and how you will meet the Home Office’s requirements as well as if you are applying having completed five or ten years in the UK under long residence rules.
Naturalisation/registration as a British Citizen
Fees range from £2,500 – £8,000 depending on the type of application.
The costs listed do not include any dependants or any appeals.