Winckworth Sherwood is one of the few City law firms with a dedicated Partnership team. Our multi-disciplinary team spans our employment and commercial and corporate practices, combining the insights of our highly experienced lawyers to provide astute, pragmatic and commercial advice to LLPs and traditional partnerships, as well as to individual partners. We also have significant expertise in advising leading partnerships on joint ventures and regulatory matters.
Our team regularly advises professional practices including law firms, accountancy practices, patent agents, surveyors and architects. We also advise financial services firms including trading platforms, brokers and investment funds, such as private equity, hedge funds, institutional funds and real estate funds, where we are among the leaders in the market.
The team’s assured and experienced approach means we have an excellent reputation for advising on all partnership law needs. These include:
- setting up or joining a partnership
- mergers, acquisitions, disposals and demergers
- regulatory advice, including FCA compliance and internal audit
- partner restrictive covenants and top level team moves
- the rights and obligations of partners
- conduct issues and internal investigations
- partner exits and expulsions
- discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- privacy disputes, data protection and subject access requests
- profit sharing and de-equitisation
Our expertise and reputation for achieving the best possible outcome for our clients is reflected by the fact that much of our work is generated through referrals from existing clients. Clients trust us to provide commercial and strategic solutions.
We are delighted to share our new Winckworth Sherwood Partnership Brochure with you to introduce you to our team of Partnership Law specialists, advising professional practices and financial services firms and individual partners on their contentious and non-contentious partnership law needs. We would be pleased to assist.