Our employment team has extensive experience in advising multinationals investing into and operating in the UK. We also advise senior executives who are engaged as expatriates or who are seconded in relation to their contractual documentation and potential disputes.
We can advise on cross border and jurisdictional issues and have access to a wide range of specialist employment advisers across the globe to ensure our clients receive a seamless, joined-up service. We are known for our strategic and commercial approach when advising our clients, and look for the same approach when working with our international contact firms, with whom we have long-standing relationships.
One of our partners is bilingual in English and German and acts for many German multi-nationals with UK operations, as well as German senior executives (advising them in German).
Our advice includes:
- setting up in the UK, including preparation or harmonisation of employment contracts and staff handbooks
- secondments and expatriate assignments
- day-to-day strategic HR advice
- Internal investigations and disciplinary and grievance procedures
- employment tribunal claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- cross border disputes including employment claims in multiple jurisdictions (working with overseas colleagues as appropriate)
- restructuring, reorganisations and redundancy exercises (including participating in global or cross-border redundancy processes)
- team moves and restrictive covenants (including cross border enforcement claims)
- International personal data transfers
- Cyber Security