In December 2020 immigration expert Kezia Daley and Aida Smajlovic, Senior Associate in the Education team, hosted a webinar looking at the new immigration rules that apply from 1 January 2021. This webinar will guide you through how the new rules will affect schools’ recruitment and existing workforce.
You can watch a recording of the session below. If you would like a copy of the slides please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact the speakers direct using the details at the bottom of the page.
The School Support team has also drafted a briefing document covering what schools need to know about the new immigration rules, including key changes and practical steps to take now, which you can view online here.
Points covered in the session include:
• Overview of the New Points Based Immigration System.
• How will the new immigration system affect your school
• The minimum skill, education and salary thresholds required to meet the new requirements
• Overview on the new “tradeable” points.
• How will your current Tier 2 visa holders be affected by the new system?
• Practical steps for schools to take