Younes is a Senior Associate advising on all aspects of private and business UK immigration, citizenship and public law matters at Winckworth Sherwood.
He is able to advise on all aspects of private and business UK immigration, citizenship and public law matters including:
- Family settlement applications including fiancé, spouse/civil partner and children;
- Skilled Worker (formerly Tier 2);
- Sponsor Licences for Businesses;
- Overseas Sole Representatives;
- Start-up and Innovator visas;
- EU Settlement Scheme and EEA matters;
- Visitor visas;
- Judicial Reviews; and
- British citizenship for those naturalising and registering.
An active member of the profession, Younes was a Committee member and volunteer of the Duncan Lewis Pro Bono Committee that has received national recognition, including winning the LawWorks Pro Bono Award for Best Contribution by a Firm with a London Head Office 2015.
Notable cases include
- Obtaining a Skilled Worker visa and renewing an existing Skilled Worker visa for a Tech company with Sponsor Licence issues.
- Judicial review following Administrative Review of a dependant Indian spouse and child of a Skilled Worker (previously Tier 2) where they were accused of deception.
- Judicial review of a Chinese businesswoman whose business visitor visa was initially refused as they and their business were accused of deception.
- A visitor visa for a Nigerian businessman whose initial application was refused as they did not believe the source of his funds.
- Entry clearance and then settlement (known as Indefinite Leave to Remain) soon after for an Australian international sportsperson who had a gap in their immigration history due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- British citizenship for a US head of an international organisation who previously held a Skilled Worker visa despite having significant absences over the statutory maximum.
- Law Society of England & Wales
2021 to present: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
2017 to 2021: Senior Associate, Reiss Edwards
2012 to 2017: Immigration Solicitor, Duncan Lewis Solicitors