Ross qualified into the firm’s real estate team in October 2018 and works on a broad range of transactions and projects for a variety of different clients. These clients are a mixture of private developers, Registered Providers, institutional investors, JV entities, local authorities and individuals. A lot of Ross’ current work has been residential and commercial development disposal and acquisitions, but he also has worked on asset management related instructions for real estate investment companies as well as slightly more specific instructions such as rights of light reporting and completion applications for voluntary first registration.
- Leading on the disposal of a c.£15m large BTR/PRS and commercial property in Ashford, Kent for one of the firm’s largest clients to a family office.
- Assisting on the bulk disposal of 70 new build apartments in East London on behalf of a Registered Provider to a JV entity comprised of a developer and a large Swiss bank for use of PRS/BTR.
- Working on a variety of transactions for a leading national housebuilder client including the disposal of reversionary interests at sites in across London.
- Leading on a number of Section 106 related purchases for a variety of Registered Provider clients at residential and commercial development schemes across England.
- Providing extensive rights of light legal due diligence reporting for a national housebuilder client for a large development in North London.
Much of Ross’ spare time is spent outdoors. He is a keen triathlete and also compete in Parkruns, half marathons and cycle sportives. Ross also takes keen interest in politics and is a director of his family’s catering business, which operates across the south west of England.
In 2017 Ross was part of a team which swam the English channel raising over £12,000 for a charity supporting the homeless.
2021 to present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2018 to 2021: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2018: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
University: History, University of Exeter
Law College: GDL at the University of Law in Bristol and Msc in Law, Business and Management at the University of Law in Moorgate
Wednesday 15th September 2021 | 10.00 - 11.00am
Fire Safety – an update on all matters building safety as they stand in September 2021
At this webinar our expert speakers will provide an update on all matters building safety as they stand in September[…..]