Ross qualified into the firm’s real estate team in October 2018 and works on a broad range of transactions and projects for a variety of different clients. These clients are a mixture of private developers, Registered Providers, institutional investors, JV entities, local authorities and individuals. A lot of Ross’ current work has been residential and commercial development disposal and acquisitions, but he also has worked on asset management related instructions for real estate investment companies as well as slightly more specific instructions such as rights of light reporting and completion applications for voluntary first registration.
- Leading on the disposal of a c.£15m large BTR/PRS and commercial property in Ashford, Kent for one of the firm’s largest clients to a family office.
- Assisting on the bulk disposal of 70 new build apartments in East London on behalf of a Registered Provider to a JV entity comprised of a developer and a large Swiss bank for use of PRS/BTR.
- Working on a variety of transactions for a leading national housebuilder client including the disposal of reversionary interests at sites in across London.
- Leading on a number of Section 106 related purchases for a variety of Registered Provider clients at residential and commercial development schemes across England.
- Providing extensive rights of light legal due diligence reporting for a national housebuilder client for a large development in North London.
Much of Ross’ spare time is spent outdoors. He is a keen triathlete and also compete in Parkruns, half marathons and cycle sportives. Ross also takes keen interest in politics and is a director of his family’s catering business, which operates across the south west of England.
In 2017 Ross was part of a team which swam the English channel raising over £12,000 for a charity supporting the homeless.
2018 to Present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2018: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
University: History, University of Exeter
Law College: GDL at the University of Law in Bristol and Msc in Law, Business and Management at the University of Law in Moorgate
Tuesday 10 November 2020 | 10.00am
Heat Seminar with Switch2 Energy – The role of 4th and 5th generation heat networks in meeting net zero goals
Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver[…..]