Robert has acted for large multi-national companies and individuals, and most that lies between, with a particular focus on charities and Church of England dioceses schools and other institutions and parishes. He has dealt with a broad range of work, mainly property but also relating to charities, schools and companies.
His property work has ranged from the management and sale of shopping centres, commercial development sites, mixed use major development areas, industrial sites, block of flats management, residential estate conveyancing, acquisition and disposal of sites for social housing and leases sales and variations relating to social housing, bespoke house and plot sales and acquisitions, relocation of primary and secondary voluntary schools, farm and agricultural land management and sales and acquisitions, including matters such as:
- Development gain/Overage: types of overage (profit planning development access overage marriage value), security (covenants, ransom strip Land Registry restriction, equitable charge) and calculation methods
- Planning: local plan enquiries clarifying planning policies, pre-application clearances, ancillary reports, planning obligations, obtaining planning permission and listed building consents (including appeals), implementing planning permission, satisfying planning conditions, resolving listed building consent issues, resolving Building Regulation issues
- Environmental: waste management sites, dealing with contaminated land, Environment Agency licences, dealing with and managing Sites of Scheduled Ancient Monuments, English Nature licences for activities affecting European Protected Species, breaches of environmental protection law, noise and smell pollution
- Boundaries: boundary disputes, adverse possession claims, Party Wall notices, rights of light
- Leases: grant variation rectification renewal and termination of leases, lease extensions and enfranchisement, licences to change use alter assign and sublet, enforcement of lease obligations, dilapidation claims
- Ancillary matters: chancel repair liability, village green registrations, rights across village greens and commons, grant variation and release of easements and covenants, fixed and variable rentcharges, building warranties, performance bonds
Robert’s Institutional work has included company administration re-structuring and refinancing directors liabilities, oversea company partnership and LLP issues, charity establishment, administration change of objects appointment of trustees land reverter claims merger and de-merger.
- Granting an option and conditional sale contract for the site of a 1 billion litre zero carbon dairy and surrender of Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy
- Selling multiple land lots by formal tender
- Disposing of the site of a former school with planning permission for residential development
1984 to present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood