Richard is a consultant in our Commercial Real Estate team dealing with a variety of property work including acquisition management, refinancing and disposal of investment properties and the negotiation of leases. He acts for both landlords and tenants on a variety of office and leisure-related properties. He has particular experience in restaurant leases having acted for major restaurant operators for upwards of twenty years.
- Intra-group transfer and refinancing of substantial office building in Cardiff at a transfer value of £24 million.
- £6.8 million refinancing of research/light industrial facility in Ulverston Cumbria.
- Acting on a series of restaurant disposals for a major restaurant company.
- Acquisition of new restaurant units for a substantial private restaurant operator.
- Acquisition of a new lease of office premises for an international telecoms company.
- Acquisition of new-build leasehold units for indoor crazy golf courses.
Law Society of England and Wales
April 2022 to date: Consultant, Winckworth Sherwood
2012 to April 2022: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2004 to 2012: Partner, Reed Smith
1988 to 2003: Solicitor and subsequently Partner, Denton Wilde Sapte
1987 to 1988: Solicitor, Oppenheimers
1984 to 1987: Trainee and subsequently Solicitor, Mellersh & Co
Richard Perkins ‘adds a healthy dose of common sense’.