Richard acts for a range of Diocesan Boards of Finance, Parochial Church Councils and ecclesiastical charities on ecclesiastical law issues including, in particular, ecclesiastical property law.
Richard has previously worked as in house legal counsel at Save the Children International and also with the British Army.
- Acting for a range of Diocesan Boards of Finance, Parochial Church Councils and ecclesiastical charities on ecclesiastical and charity law issues.
- Acting for ecclesiastical charities and ecclesiastical corporations on relevant charity law and company law matters.
- Advising on a wide variety of ecclesiastical property matters; including residential purchases and sales; commercial leases and licences; development transactions involving Church land; and leasehold enfranchisement and extensions.
- Advising clients on a wide variety of matters relating to Faculty Jurisdiction; including in relation to the grant of Licences and in relation to Consistory Court applications.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Charity Law Association
2017 to present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2017: Legal Counsel, Save the Children International
2012 to 2016: Solicitor, British Army
2009 to 2011: Trainee Solicitor, Watson, Farley and Williams