Richard acts for a range of Diocesan Boards of Finance, Parochial Church Councils and ecclesiastical charities on ecclesiastical law issues including, in particular, ecclesiastical property law.
Richard has previously worked as in house legal counsel at Save the Children International and also with the British Army.
- Advising on residential purchases and sales of Glebe, Parsonage, and Diocesan Trust property.
- Acting for PCC’s in relation to a variety of commercial leases.
- Advising clients on a wide variety of matters relating to Faculty Jurisdiction; including in relation to the grant of Licences over parts of Church curtilage, and in relation to Consistory Court injunctions.
- Acting for vendors in Leasehold Enfranchisement proceedings.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Charity Law Association
2017 to present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2017: Legal Counsel, Save the Children International
2012 to 2016: Solicitor, British Army
2009 to 2011: Trainee Solicitor, Watson, Farley and Williams