Nicola is a finance lawyer with extensive experience in real estate finance, acquisition finance and general corporate lending. Prior to joining Winckworth Sherwood, she has worked for a number of years in a leading international firm acting for both lenders and borrowers in both bilateral and syndicated lending transactions.
Nicola has worked with a range of clients across the real estate sector including clearing banks, challenger banks, property developers and private equity investors. Her transaction experience includes hotel developments, care home portfolios, offices and prime residential real estate.
Nicola also has significant experience in sustainability linked loans having completed €3.5 billion of sustainability-linked revolving credit and term facilities in 2021.
- Acting for the borrower to a £44m development loan to develop two student accommodation sites.
- Acting for Lloyds Bank plc in respect of its south east SME commercial property lending.
- Acting for a Barratt plc in respect of its joint venture security and intercreditor negotiations.
- Acting for a mixture of smaller and medium-sized property developers seeking bridging finance and development finance.
- Acting for high-net-worth individuals in respect of private loans.
- Advising joint ventures on their funding arrangements and development finance facilities.
- Advising Deutsche Bank Wealth Management on the £45m refinance of prime-residential London property.
- Acting for the private wealth division of a middle eastern bank in the financing of prime residential properties.
- Acting for the lender to a £23m refinance of a London property investment portfolio held by a high-net-worth offshore investor in order to acquire units in a prime London development.
- Obtaining bridging loans for individuals to facilitate residential property transactions.
Sustainability Linked Loans
- Acting for arrangers in a sustainability linked financing across a simultaneous €1 billion amendment and restatement of a revolving credit facility and a separate €500m term loan to a global paints and services supplier.
- Acting for arrangers in a €2 billion sustainability linked facility to a wind turbine manufacturer.
Law Society of England & Wales
2022 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 – 2021: Senior Associate, Dentons UK and Middle East LLP
2014 – 2015: Solicitor, TLT LLP
2012 – 2014: Solicitor, Devonshires Solicitors
2010 – 2012: Trainee Solicitor, K&L Gates LLP