Nicola is a finance lawyer with extensive experience in real estate finance, acquisition finance and general corporate lending. Prior to joining Winckworth Sherwood, she has worked for a number of years in a leading international firm acting for both lenders and borrowers in both bilateral and syndicated lending transactions.
Nicola has worked with a range of clients across the real estate sector including clearing banks, challenger banks, property developers and private equity investors. Her transaction experience includes hotel developments, care home portfolios, offices and prime residential real estate.
- Acting for the lender to a £23m refinance of a London property investment portfolio held by a high net worth offshore investor in order to acquire units in a prime London development.
- Acting for a hotel group of seven central London hotels in the £55m refinancing of its two flagship hotels, including simultaneous negotiations with two separate funders in order to proceed with the financing on the most favourable terms for the client.
- Acting for a clearing bank in the multiple refinancings (up to £326m) of a national hotel portfolio including both investment and development facilities.
- Acting for private equity investors financing the acquisition of three care home portfolios.
- Acting for a fashion retailer’s hotel development financing.
- Acting for arrangers in a sustainability linked financing across a simultaneous €1 billion amendment and restatement of a revolving credit facility and a separate €500m term loan to a global paints and services supplier.
- Acting for arrangers in a €2 billion sustainability linked facility to a wind turbine manufacturer.
- Regularly acting for the private wealth division of a clearing bank in their financing of prime London real estate investments and developments.
Law Society of England & Wales
2022 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 – 2021: Senior Associate, Dentons UK and Middle East LLP
2014 – 2015: Solicitor, TLT LLP
2012 – 2014: Solicitor, Devonshires Solicitors
2010 – 2012: Trainee Solicitor, K&L Gates LLP