Natalie is a specialist in international tax and wealth planning. Natalie’s practice is unique in that she specialises in both personal and corporate tax. She advises clients on all of their assets, including those owned directly, through trusts or offshore company structures. Her client base is predominantly high and ultra-high net worth individuals with assets in multiple jurisdictions. She also advises a number of trustees, private banks, family offices, Russian and Middle Eastern based businesses as well as US based multinationals.
Natalie’s experience includes remittance basis planning, advising on the statutory residence test, structuring the tax efficient holding and disposal of artwork; structuring the acquisition, ownership and disposal of shares and real estate and the interpretation of double taxation treaties (inter alia).
Some examples of high profile matters she has worked on are:
Some examples of recent high profile matters she has worked on are:
- Advising Qatari billionaire on mitigation of his dual residence status in the UK and Qatar based on an analysis of the UK/Qatar Double Tax Treaty and a loan restructuring for remittance purposes.
- Advising Dubai based family office on the use of loans to reduce inheritance tax exposure of UK residential property.
- Advising on the set up of an offshore trust/company structure to transfer a £30 million portfolio of artworks into the structure for inheritance tax purposes.
- Advising an Italian based entrepreneur on the central management and control risks of becoming UK tax resident while remaining the sole director of a successful Mexican based pharmaceuticals company.
- Co-ordinated an international trust restructuring involving the UK, Jersey and Russia to distribute a UK residential property out of the trust to the UK resident daughter of a wealthy Russian settlor to mitigate the impact of the 6 April 2017 rules which ‘look through’ UK residential property structures.
Natalie’s experience also includes:
- Co-written and published author of several Tax Journal articles in the Private Client field.
- Externally presented at the Mall Galleries in June 2018 on tax and legacy planning for artists and collectors to an audience of approximately 50 people.
2018 - Present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 - 2018: Mishcon de Reya LLP
2015 - 2016: White and Case LLP
2013 - 2015: Baker & McKenzie LLP