Leah specialises in Commercial Litigation and Disputes Resolution. She has experience acting in a wide range of contentious matters including banking and financial disputes, contract disputes, civil fraud, defamation and reputation management, director and shareholder disputes and professional negligence claims (including claims against accountants, architects, pension actuaries, solicitors, structural engineers and surveyors). She also has experience dealing with interim applications including strike out applications, security for costs applications and freezing injunctions.
Leah acts for both Claimants and Defendants, whether they be based in the UK or overseas. She is well adverse with pre-action conduct as well as having experience of issuing and defending fast track and multi track cases.
- Defending in a complex Director and Shareholder dispute which involved successfully discharging a worldwide freezing injunction as well as elements of foreign law and international-cross border litigation.
- Acting for the claimant in a complex and unusual professional negligence claim against a criminal legal aid solicitor.
- Acting for the claimant in a professional negligence claim against a solicitor which also involved an element of negligent misstatement against pension actuaries.
- Acting for the claimant in a breach of mandate claim against a high street bank.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
2019 - present: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2017 - 2019 : Solicitor, Duncan Lewis Solicitors
2015 - 2017: Trainee Solicitor, Duncan Lewis Solicitors