Leah is an award-winning paralegal in the Employment team, assisting on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters for employers and employees. Sitting on both Winckworth Sherwood’s Social and Corporate Social Responsibility Committees, Leah not only co-ordinates monthly Family Law, Employment Law and Rent Arrear Clinics at Citizens Advice Southwark, but is also actively involved in organising various charity and social events throughout the year.
Outside of work, Leah is an Executive Committee member of Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society and the Sponsorship Officer for the Westminster and Holborn Law Society. Leah is passionate about LawTech and is a member of Legal Geek’s Women in LawTech group.
- Collaborating with the firm’s Data Protection and Regulatory team to provide assistance to a major employer client following a serious cyber security breach and drafting complaints under the new Data Protection Act 2018 to the Information Commissioner’s Office on behalf of our employee clients
- Assisting with the preparation of employee grievances covering a wide range of issues (including victimisation, sex and disability discrimination) and negotiating favourable settlement terms
- Preparing wrongful and unfair dismissal cases for Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Assisting with a high profile independent public inquiry into child sex abuse
- Acting for one of the most influential tech analyst firms in complex High Court employment-related litigation alongside the Commercial Disputes team
- Supporting Notting Hill Genesis with the TUPE implications of their recent merger
2017 to present : Paralegal, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2017: Law Costs Draftsman, Winckworth Sherwood
Taking the moral high ground – is an employee’s belief in the sanctity of copyright a protected philosophical belief under the Equality Act 2010?Read more
Leah Caprani’s article on menopause in the workplace has been featured in Employee BenefitsRead more
Tuesday 3rd March 2020 | Start: 12.30pm | Finish: 1.30pm
Managing Partner Wellbeing & Ill Health – A One Hour Guide for Law Firms
The partnership model of old – an equal partnership with loyal longstanding clients – has all but gone. In a modern law firm reward and status of partners or LLP members is often based on client originations and billings, with …