Leah is a paralegal in the Employment team, assisting on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters for employers and employees. Sitting on both the firm’s Social and Corporate Social Responsibility Committees, Leah not only coordinates monthly Family Law, Employment Law and Rent Arrear Clinics at Citizens Advice Southwark on behalf of Winckworth Sherwood, but is also actively involved in organising the firm’s annual charity walk and various social events throughout the year.
Outside of work, Leah contributes to government and SRA consultations in her capacity as a National Committee member of Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society and through her participation in the Law Society President, Christina Blacklaw’s Women in Leadership Roundtable series. Leah is passionate about LawTech and is a member of the Women in LawTech group.
- Collaborating with the firm’s Data Protection and Regulatory team to provide assistance to a major employer client following a serious cyber security breach and drafting complaints under the new Data Protection Act 2018 to the Information Commissioner’s Office on behalf of our employee clients
- Assisting with the preparation of employee grievances covering a wide range of issues (including victimisation, sex and disability discrimination) and negotiating favourable settlement terms
- Preparing wrongful and unfair dismissal cases for Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Assisting with a high profile independent public inquiry into child sex abuse
- Acting for one of the most influential tech analyst firms in complex High Court employment-related litigation alongside the Commercial Disputes team
- Supporting Notting Hill Genesis with the TUPE implications of their recent merger
2017 to present : Paralegal, Winckworth Sherwood
2016 to 2017: Law Costs Draftsman, Winckworth Sherwood