Krissun is a real estate lawyer with particular expertise in social housing, regeneration schemes and mixed-use development projects.
He regularly advises housebuilders and UK’s leading Registered Providers on matters arising in the development process including site assembly and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, overage, planning matters, build contracts and infrastructure agreements.
- Acting for Clarion, UK’s largest social landlord in the £89.5m acquisition of 229 affordable homes at a former gasworks site in Battersea from St William Homes (a joint venture between National Grid and the Berkeley Group).
- Acting for Sovereign Housing in relation to the multiphase development and acquisition of 640 homes in Swindon’s New Eastern Villages project – expected to be one of the largest greenfield developments in the country.
- Acting for Optivo in the landmark disposal of 420 new homes from their development pipeline to Sage (a for-profit registered provider, owned by private equity firm Blackstone) – a first of its kind deal to involve grant-funded new homes. The transaction was approved by Homes England and the GLA and included forward funding, security arrangements and an agreement for Optivo to manage the portfolio.
- Acting for Countryside Properties (as part of a joint venture with L&Q) in the proposed development and transfer of a new mainline railway station being delivered in partnership with the GLA, Network Rail, TFL and C2C Rail and included advising on the interface between existing operational railway infrastructure and the wider development.
- Acting for a JV entity (between Hill and Clarion Housing Group) in the site assembly and conditional acquisition of an 18-acre development site near Cambridge to provide 155 new homes, and in securing development finance by way of a loan facility.
- Law Society of England and Wales
French, Hindi, Urdu and basic Spanish
2017 to present: Solicitor then Associate then Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2017: Solicitor, Devonshires Solicitors
2012 to 2015: Trainee Solicitor, Freshlaw Solicitors