Julie is a senior property lawyer with many years experience of the due diligence process for large residential schemes, mixed use developments and urban regeneration projects as well as having a sound real estate background.
- Site assembly supporting and informing the acquisition of a mixed use redevelopment site in east London(connected with the redevelopment of a tube station and the extension of the tube line) including complex registered and unregistered title investigation and ancillary issues;
- Pre-disposal analysis and advice to charity client of technical legal issues arising from the existence of restrictive covenants and a right of pre-emption affecting a large development of a former school site in east London and working with the client and Local Authority purporting to have the benefit of the rights and covenants to establish its claim and to consider and resolve the consequential issues to allow the sale to proceed;
- Due diligence relating to the acquisition by a Local Authority of a new school site involving several parcels of land and including land to which title was being claimed by adverse possession and application of legal presumption and also documenting new rights and obligations and placing indemnity insurances to underwrite title defects;
- Reporting to developer client on existing interests and issues affecting land procurement and development implementation pre exchange of Agreements for a major urban regeneration scheme..
- Advising on complex title issues arising on the acquisition of a substantial development site in central London including assisting the client in formulating a strategy for dealing with those and dealing with a number of neighbouring owners in order to resolve the issues to facilitate disposals of residential and commercial units
- Negociating complex variations and surrenders of head leasehold interests to allow for the grant of an underlease for residential redevelopment
Law society England and Wales
1998 to 2008, then 2011 to date: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
1987 to 1997: Solicitor, then Partner, Ross & Craig
1984 to 1987: Trainee, then Solicitor, Molesworths Bright Clegg