Ian qualified as a solicitor in September 2014 and joined the Property Dispute Resolution team at Winckworth Sherwood in April 2019. He advises on a wide range of landlord and tenant matters and neighbourly issues, including opposed and unopposed lease renewals, the services of notices, dilapidations and breaches of covenant.
Ian also has experience of advising developers and affected parties in connection with development issues, including rights of light and vacant possession strategies.
- Advising a developer on rights of light on a significant high-rise project in Southwark, affecting a large number and range of neighbouring owners, which included undertaking detailed rights of light due diligence and advising on managing extant rights of light risks
- Acting for property investment clients on a range of commercial property management issues, including lease renewals, rent and other arrears, tenant insolvency, consent applications and the service of break notices
- Acting for both property investors and higher education institutions in connection with the lawful removal of trespassers
- Ian was runner up in the Property Litigation Association’s 2019 essay competition, held in memory of Alan Langleben, with his entry concerning damages in rights of light claims
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Property Litigation Association
2019 to present: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2019: Solicitor, Pinsent Masons
2014 to 2015: Associate, Taylor Wessing
2012 to 2014: Trainee Solicitor, Hogan Lovells
Government bans forfeiture of commercial leases for non-payment of rents to protect business tenants during the COVID-19 pandemicRead more
Cruel Intentions or Good Intentions? Redevelopment and the 1954 Act after the Franses caseRead more
Thursday 22nd April 2021 | 10.00 - 11.00am
Looking forward – what’s next for heat networks?
Heat networks is a fast changing market. With impending regulation, net zero targets and increased levels of customer satisfaction and[…..]