Humaira is a Senior Associate in the Education Team specialising in employment law in the education sector. Her clients include maintained schools and academy trust companies, as well as independent schools and she has extensive experience in advising dioceses on schools of a religious character.
- Full support and advice to a large Multi Academy Trust undergoing the disciplinary process for several employees following a comprehensive malpractice and maladministration investigation.
- Employment law audit of policies and procedures aimed to service over 2500 Catholic voluntary aided schools and academies in England and Wales
- Schemes of Delegation and Protocols for the structural diocesan framework designed for Catholic voluntary aided schools and academy trust companies in England and Wales
- Successfully acting for several Multi Academy Trusts in claims for protected characteristics
- Acting for a Multi Academy Trust in defending an unfair dismissal claim by a CEO
- Advising dioceses on employment law issues in the education sector specifically focussing on schools of a religious character
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
2018 to present: Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2014 to 2017: Legal Advisor, Catholic Education Service
2012 to 2014: Employment Law Consultant
2004 to 2011: Solicitor, Baily Gibson Solicitors